Designing your blog for user experience (that’s what UX stands for) is vital, if you want people to use and enjoy your site.
1. Make sure your site is mobile responsive
2. Make its purpose immediately apparent
3. Use lots of white space
4. Don’t clutter sidebars with widgets
5. Keep your header height minimal
6. Make navigation clear and obvious
7. No auto-play music!
8. Have a contact link, button or page
9. Look at your blog from their point of view
10. Don’t use light text on a dark background
Information adapted from http://amylynnandrews.com/blog-design-dos-and-donts/